I was just about considering taking a break from writing when I got a mail saying I have been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award!
My heart raced as I read through Oma’s mail. The humour was finding out it wasn’t a real award but an internal ‘gig’ for bloggers!
So nonetheless, here’s me celebrating, for being a part of this.
Before I proceed, here are the rules:
- You have to thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog;
- You have to write a post to show your award;
- Give a brief story of how you started your blog;
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers;
- Select 15 bloggers you want to give this award to; and
- Comment on the blogs of these 15 bloggers and let them know that you have nominated them, providing a link to the post you created.
So here goes:
- I was nominated by Ihuoma – my blogger colleague who amazingly remembered me. I am a silent reader of her blog (which is pretty amazing), find her here: https://omasserendipity.wordpress.com/
- Growing up, I always had a nudge to pen down my thoughts/feelings. Being a strong critic, I never really saw myself going through with it. I was availed the opportunity when I got married and was faced with a brand new chapter of my life. The feeling was so overwhelming, all I could think of was writing and so I wrote…. I started off writing down some of my weirdest thoughts ever then graduated to publishing on Blogspot, WordPress, now here.
- My advice to new bloggers is: ensure you write from your heart. Many times, you might face opposition but as long as you are happy and not hurting anyone, DO YOU! Oh and also, do not be afraid to explore. I know I have been faced with fear countless times but I really do try to break free.
- So I am going to break this rule a bit…. I am nominating four and not fifteen bloggers I’d like to give this award to – just because I can! A. https://munachiii.wordpress.com/ B. https://achalugowrites.com/ C. https://chichirp.wordpress.com/ D. https://fruitandvineblog.wordpress.com/
I am hoping someone is inspired today, Lord knows I need some extra inspiration this period!
Wishing you all an amazing week!